I don’t have electricity at site, but I can go to a cyber cafe every couple of weeks so if you want to get in contact with me please feel free to send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you really need to get in touch with me. You can email one of my parental units, and they can get in touch with me. (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
I love mail! I love letters and PACKAGES and I PROMISE (Girl Scout’s Honor) that I will write you back!
Sara Goodman, PCV
01 B.P. 392
Burkina Faso, West Africa
- Write “air mail” or “par avion” on letters and packages. They should take anywhere from two to six weeks to get to me.
- Number letters so I’ll know if one goes missing.
- Write the address in red ink; people are superstitious about it and will be less likely to open it or steal it. Also drawing religious symbols on it or Bible verses; you could also put “Sister” in front of my name (haha). All of this will make people less likely to open it. However, don’t overdo it with the religious paraphernalia; otherwise I may get in trouble with the embassy.
- Tape the corners of the packages so they will endure the trip. Also, putting tape or stickers on the inside of the flaps will make it easier to tell if someone tried to open it (and it may deter people from doing so in the first place).
- Use padded envelopes whenever possible, as they are cheaper for both you and me. I may have to pay a tax on boxes, especially if it’s big or its contents are expensive. So don’t declare the items as expensive; keep it under $20.
- When declaring the contents, keep it vague. Write “educational materials”, “personal hygiene items”, or “nutritional items” (for food), etc. If it doesn’t sound exciting, people will be less likely to open it. If you are sending me batteries, you have to “forget” that you packed them, as the U.S. won’t ship them overseas.
- Please include the address that you want me to respond to. If I don’t know where to send it, it might be awhile to get access to email/internet to look up
I CAN NOW RECEIVE PACKAGES AT THE SAME ADDRESS!!!